Saturday, May 05, 2007


Its amazing how you can "soup up the color" on pictures with photo shop. I am finding it an interesting tool for deciding on the next step for a painting. This is one of three abstract acrylic on paper paintings I have been working on and off [mostly off] on for about a year.
The real painting looks much less color saturated than shown here. Just by clicking on "auto contrast" I got this.
Much easier than painting and repainting over and over again which I must admit I have already done. I tend to do that with abstracts.
By looking at this I know how I am going to finish it now.

2 comments:

amy rubin flett said...

alesha, that's such a great idea! you're so smart. especially for watercolour based stuff.

Alesha Fowlie said...

Can you believe there is no watercolor in this? It is fluid acrylic started on wet paper.
I wonder if I actually ever will get around to finishing it?